Through art we aim to inspire children’s creativity by enriching and expanding their horizons, introducing them to new concepts and equipping them with the necessary skills to progress and enjoy art and design. Children will have the opportunity to;
- Learn how to make informed judgements about how to shape their environment.
- Produce individual creative work, exploring and recording their thoughts, feelings and experiences.
- Use and combine a wide range of media to develop and share ideas.
- Learn about different artists, designers, sculptors and craftspeople.
- Experience a range of design techniques using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, space and form.
- Understand the diverse roles of art and design throughout different cultures and link similarities, differences and meanings to their own practice.
‘Teach children how they should live and they will remember it all of their lives.’ Proverbs 22:6
Our vision is to provide a secure, happy learning community based upon Christian Values in which each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
We aim to support the children's developing skills as learners by:
- Providing a secure foundation upon which individuals can grow into independent, challenged learners.
- Stimulating active learning experiences,that develop children's awareness of themselves as learners.
- Valuing every child irrespectve of gender, disability,age, race or culture and ensure that they have an active voice in school and know that their opinions matter.
- Supporting children in succeeding in their learning and finding opportunities to celebrate their success.
- Developing skills of independence, co-operation and self- motivation.
- Contributing to the wider community, both locally and globally.