Design and TechnologyObjectives
- For pupils to gain experience, knowledge and understanding of Design and Technology through designing, making, investigating, and evaluating, and through the practice and development skills.
- For pupils to experience a range of materials including stiff and flexible sheet materials, mouldable materials, textiles, food, and mechanical and electrical components.
- For pupils to develop their designing skills by drawing on their own experience and information sources to generate and present their ideas.
- For pupils to develop their making skills, by selecting appropriate tools and materials and developing increasing high standards of finish.
- For pupils to develop knowledge and understanding of mechanisms and materials and how they can be controlled and changed( including computing to programme, monitor and control their products), health and safety and the use of appropriate vocabulary.
Children are given opportunities through their topic work to design and make products: they work with a variety of materials, tools and techniques, to develop and practise their skills.
They are also encouraged to evaluate their work to see if it serves its purpose
‘Teach children how they should live and they will remember it all of their lives.’ Proverbs 22:6
Our vision is to provide a secure, happy learning community based upon Christian Values in which each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
We aim to support the children's developing skills as learners by:
- Providing a secure foundation upon which individuals can grow into independent, challenged learners.
- Stimulating active learning experiences,that develop children's awareness of themselves as learners.
- Valuing every child irrespectve of gender, disability,age, race or culture and ensure that they have an active voice in school and know that their opinions matter.
- Supporting children in succeeding in their learning and finding opportunities to celebrate their success.
- Developing skills of independence, co-operation and self- motivation.
- Contributing to the wider community, both locally and globally.