Each class completed a Reindeer Run in aid of Jigsaw Children's Hospice
Children in Need
This year we raised £108 through wearing something spotty or pyjamas
Young Voices Concert
The Junior Choir went to Manchester Arena and joined over 8000 children for the Young Voices Concert.
Covid -19 Information about wellbeing
In periods of cold weather, a path will be cleared from the school gate up the ramp to the front door. We don’t have the capacity to clear the whole playground so a safe path is cleared. The rest of the playground must be treated as risky to walk on, especially the coloured safety surface which is often more slippery in frosty weather. Cones will be used to cordon off these areas, but please supervise your children before the start of the day.
If for some reason we are not able to open, a text message will be sent to all of our contact numbers, a message will be broadcast by Radio Cumbria and if possible someone will answer the phones as early as possible to respond to parents’ enquiries.
While we make every effort to open, parents must make their own decision as to whether it is safe for them to travel. Please let us know if you have chosen not to bring your child to school for safety reasons as soon as possible.
UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools Award
We are very proud to have been awarded the Rights Respecting Schools Gold Award. This is organised through UNICEF and aims to put the UN Convention for the Rights of the Child at the centre of our school and our relationships with others.
It is hoped that the scheme will involve the whole school community and develop a greater understanding of relationships with others in a global sense. Further information can be accessed on the UNICEF website : www.unicef.org.uk/rrsa
‘Teach children how they should live and they will remember it all of their lives.’ Proverbs 22:6
Our vision is to provide a secure, happy learning community based upon Christian Values in which each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
We aim to support the children's developing skills as learners by:
- Providing a secure foundation upon which individuals can grow into independent, challenged learners.
- Stimulating active learning experiences,that develop children's awareness of themselves as learners.
- Valuing every child irrespectve of gender, disability,age, race or culture and ensure that they have an active voice in school and know that their opinions matter.
- Supporting children in succeeding in their learning and finding opportunities to celebrate their success.
- Developing skills of independence, co-operation and self- motivation.
- Contributing to the wider community, both locally and globally.