Birkrigg ClassCurriculum Overview Autumn 2
Welcome to Birkrigg Class.
Mrs S. Carter is the Class Teacher.
Miss Hayter is the Teaching Assistant.
We have a bright classroom and an adjoining Outdoor Area, which the children enjoy using throughout the day.
Our classrooms are bright and busy areas where the children learn and have fun doing it!
There are different areas for children to explore. The book corner is always a favourite.
The children learn together through play.
‘Teach children how they should live and they will remember it all of their lives.’ Proverbs 22:6
Our vision is to provide a secure, happy learning community based upon Christian Values in which each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
We aim to support the children's developing skills as learners by:
- Providing a secure foundation upon which individuals can grow into independent, challenged learners.
- Stimulating active learning experiences,that develop children's awareness of themselves as learners.
- Valuing every child irrespectve of gender, disability,age, race or culture and ensure that they have an active voice in school and know that their opinions matter.
- Supporting children in succeeding in their learning and finding opportunities to celebrate their success.
- Developing skills of independence, co-operation and self- motivation.
- Contributing to the wider community, both locally and globally.