Newlands is the Year 3 and 4 Class
The teachers are Mrs R Clark and Mrs S Davies
The teaching assistant is Miss N Hayter,
The support assistants are, Mrs Cody, Mrs Connolly and Mrs McDougall
Mr Leach , our Sports Apprentice will also be working in Newlands class, most days.
Newlands have been writing poems about Spring.
Springtime by Magnus (Year 4) Weeds by Jack (Year 3)
The wind is ferocious the leaves are wild, I like weeds,
The grass greener the weather is mild, Some people don't
The natural forces do their best I like dock leaves, they're like heroes
As birds and animals make their nests I dont like nettles.; they're like villains.
Yellow petals and green leaves
On the floor where nobody sees
Weeds and flowers are the same
The only difference is the name
Ivy is creeping up the wall
As seeds are slowly trying to fall.
Anglo Saxon DayNewlands have been learning about Anglo Saxons. They set up a settlement on the school field. They even made their own bread.
‘Teach children how they should live and they will remember it all of their lives.’ Proverbs 22:6
Our vision is to provide a secure, happy learning community based upon Christian Values in which each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
We aim to support the children's developing skills as learners by:
- Providing a secure foundation upon which individuals can grow into independent, challenged learners.
- Stimulating active learning experiences,that develop children's awareness of themselves as learners.
- Valuing every child irrespectve of gender, disability,age, race or culture and ensure that they have an active voice in school and know that their opinions matter.
- Supporting children in succeeding in their learning and finding opportunities to celebrate their success.
- Developing skills of independence, co-operation and self- motivation.
- Contributing to the wider community, both locally and globally.