We were awarded the Green Flag Eco-school award, twice for the work we have done in teaching children about the importance of taking care of our environment.
Some of the things we have done are as follows;
- We recycle, reduce and reuse whenever possible
- We compost our fruit waste
- We have visits from the recycling ranger to tell us about recycling
- We turn off the lights whenever we can.
- We had Solar photo-voltaic panels installed on the roof of one of our classrooms. They help the children learn about sustainable energy sources, save us energy costs and help us to raise money for school through feed-in tarrifs.
‘Teach children how they should live and they will remember it all of their lives.’ Proverbs 22:6
Our vision is to provide a secure, happy learning community based upon Christian Values in which each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
We aim to support the children's developing skills as learners by:
- Providing a secure foundation upon which individuals can grow into independent, challenged learners.
- Stimulating active learning experiences,that develop children's awareness of themselves as learners.
- Valuing every child irrespectve of gender, disability,age, race or culture and ensure that they have an active voice in school and know that their opinions matter.
- Supporting children in succeeding in their learning and finding opportunities to celebrate their success.
- Developing skills of independence, co-operation and self- motivation.
- Contributing to the wider community, both locally and globally.