Learning a foreign language is about understanding other cultures and communicating with people.
Teaching should enable children to express their ideas and thoughts in another language and to understand and respond to other speakers.
Key Stage Two children have a French session each week with a native French teacher.
There is also a French Club for any Key Stage One or Two children who would like to learn in a fun and active way.
‘Teach children how they should live and they will remember it all of their lives.’ Proverbs 22:6
Our vision is to provide a secure, happy learning community based upon Christian Values in which each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
We aim to support the children's developing skills as learners by:
- Providing a secure foundation upon which individuals can grow into independent, challenged learners.
- Stimulating active learning experiences,that develop children's awareness of themselves as learners.
- Valuing every child irrespectve of gender, disability,age, race or culture and ensure that they have an active voice in school and know that their opinions matter.
- Supporting children in succeeding in their learning and finding opportunities to celebrate their success.
- Developing skills of independence, co-operation and self- motivation.
- Contributing to the wider community, both locally and globally.