The child’s enjoyment of music is developed through activities which bring together aspects of performing, composing, listening and appraising. There are opportunities for children to make music with others in small groups, and as part of a class.
Children can explore composition through computer programmes as well as musical instruments
As a whole school, children perform and listen to music daily as part of the school’s Collective Worship.
The performance aspect of music is developed and extended as children participate in concerts and in Church Worship throughout the school year.
Above all, we aim to enrich the child’s sense of pleasure, developed from performing, listening to, and creating music.
In Year 2, all children are given the opportunity to learn the recorder. We have a school choir which performs at various concerts and in different venues in Ulverston.
We also have piano and guitar teachers who visit school every week and teach those children who wish to learn, from Year 2 onwards.
‘Teach children how they should live and they will remember it all of their lives.’ Proverbs 22:6
Our vision is to provide a secure, happy learning community based upon Christian Values in which each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
We aim to support the children's developing skills as learners by:
- Providing a secure foundation upon which individuals can grow into independent, challenged learners.
- Stimulating active learning experiences,that develop children's awareness of themselves as learners.
- Valuing every child irrespectve of gender, disability,age, race or culture and ensure that they have an active voice in school and know that their opinions matter.
- Supporting children in succeeding in their learning and finding opportunities to celebrate their success.
- Developing skills of independence, co-operation and self- motivation.
- Contributing to the wider community, both locally and globally.